Monday, June 08, 2009

Do You Chomp or Savor Life?

"Each moment is a place you've never been." Mark Strand

"The challenge is in the moment, the time is always now." James Baldwin

"Curiosity is in great and generous minds, the first passion and the last." Samuel Johnson


Thinking it Through...

As most of you know I just finished my first product for this year, "The Secrets to Discovering Your Passion-filled Career" audio workshop. I have been teaching this workshop for years and had always dreamed of having it in a format so those who were unable to come to my workshops in Denver could still have the information , do the work on their own and experience the joy of finding their passion. So now I'm done! I had a moment of excitement and off I went to schedule the steps I needed to take to create my next product. Then this weekend I read a wonderful chapter in the book "Mastering Life's Energies" by Maria Nemeth. The chapter was about using the energy of enjoyment. Maria talked about the difference between consuming, guzzling, chomping through life and the beauty of enjoying life. It soon became clear that I have been chomping more then enjoying! This little chapter reminded me to take the time to celebrate, to savor. Learning how to enjoy life is a skill.. One that needs to be practiced and developed. Questions are powerful and developing the skill of enjoyment requires a new question. Instead of spending our time asking "How can I get through this day?" we can ask the question "What might I savor about this moment?" That is my question for each day this summer..."What might I savor about this moment?" I started today and right now I am enjoying writing you. This morning I savored a run in the park and seeing two snakes. (Well maybe I didn't take the time to enjoy the snakes!) I wonder what else I will enjoy today. I'm thinking this is a great way to go through life!

Challenge:

1. Are you chomping through life or savoring it?

2. What will you savor about this moment?

3. How will you celebrate life today?

Dance with Joy,
Leanna Fredrich
Life Coach
www.AmazingMondays.com

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home